Addicted. very addicted. Ive been watching tons of cooking shows, shows about chefs, shows about food, culture and the list goes on. All things related to food and cooking… I’m addicted. I’m inspired. I want to cook and create. Most all successful chefs are very passionate about what they do and wont compromise on quality, taste or experience. While I do have my career in marketing, I would love to learn more about the culinary arts. PBS did a great series called The Mind of a Chef. The first season featured David Chang, a talented and very entertaining chef and entrepreneur. See for yourself and get cooking.
There has been many changes in the last couple of weeks which has made it very challenging for me. It put me in a dark place causing me to think negatively, giving me unnecessary stress. Every task, problem, or worry that surrounded me was amplified. They say it if does not challenge you, it does not change you – and let me tell you this month has changed me a lot. A fast pass for personal growth. My personal growth is ongoing but I felt as if I was on a rocketship going to the moon and back!
I have been reading, May Cause Miracles, a book that helps shift/change our paradigm in thinking. It has helped me from a dark place of spinning over things I cannot change – to see what I can do personally. If I can change something about a situation to make me happier – then yes, I have the control, to do it. If not, then what can I do to adjust my feelings, actions and thoughts to make the best out of a tough situation. Sometimes the hardest situations are with the ones you love the most. Feeling helpless is one of the worst feelings in the world. However, I am leaving the feeling of hopelessness behind and channeling positive thoughts and affirmations. Taking each day as a gift, and taking things as they come.
I am trying to get back to writing about things I am thankful for. Things that I am grateful for this month is listed below:
- Yoga once a week with Miks on Thursdays at Magic Island from 6:30PM-7:30PM
- Awesome co-workers that support me through thick and thin. Make me crazy and make me laugh!
- Diane, and her gift or support and the book, May Cause Miracles. Amazing gift
- Kimee’s improv for business class. Helping me to think on my feet more and let things GO!
- The love and support of my friends and most of all, Matt. My rock, my hero.
Last week I made a quick trip to Dallas. I have not been back since 2000! I cannot believe how fast 14 years go by. I am really lucky to have an amazing family and that even after all these years they welcomed me with open arms. They are truly the best. I also was able to reconnect with some friends and hope to plan another Texas trip soon to visit the rest. Life is short, learning to spend my time with those I love and hold dear to my heart.
- They give the gift of tough love. I am lucky to have people in my life who care about me and will help me grow personally and professionally.
- To work with a bunch of people I truly care about and love.
- To have my health. Healthy is wealth.
Live life happy. Life is too short.
Today is a new day. We always have a choice, the choice to think positive or negative. When things happen in life is it an opportunity or another task? I am thankful for being able to have the choice to choose and to have others to help inspire me everyday.
- Ted Talks. Specifically this one: http://new.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation
- Never having to worry about drinking clean water. I love water. Mi amor.
- Surrounding myself with amazing people that inspire. Thanks Jocelyn for sharing this article: http://livelearnevolve.com/10-painfully-obvious-truths-everyone-forgets-too-soon/
- #10: Everything Changes, Every Second.
- #7: Some People Are Simply The Wrong Match For You
- #6: You Don’t Have To Wait For An Apology To Forgive
- #2: Live The Life You Create For Yourself
After speaking with a couple of people and reading up more about life, one common piece of advice was for people to write down 5 things that you are grateful for – and to do it in the morning, here we go! I am going to try to write down 5 things I am grateful for, for 30 days.
- Friendship with Liane
- My Health
- Quick internet connection
- My family’s overall health
- McDonald’s hash browns