jlieu fact #286 – I absolutely love listening to podcasts. Of course I subscribe to the usual shows like Freakonomics, This American Life etc however, below are my top five recommendations to help with #adulting. Whenever I am done listening to an episode, I feel super inspired.
Feelings include: YES! Let me save more money! YES! I can be a better leader! (you get it)
Hope you check out the list below and get inspired to take on the adulting challenges in your life too!
- Paychecks and Balances: C.R.E.A.M. Need to get your finances in check? These guys give practical advice and make saving seem fun and easy. As I age into my mid-thirties, everything here seems more and more relevant.
- The Longest Shortest Time: I am not a parent but absolutely enjoy listening to how parents deal with the good, bad and everything in between. If you are thinking about starting a family, listen to this podcast for tips on to do and what not to do. Funny, clever and makes me happy I don’t have kids of my own. Not yet anyways.
(If my husband is reading this, I am kidding about the last sentence.)
- Manager Tools: Difficult or challenging situation at work? Turn to Mark and Mike for advice. They run through all sorts of scenarios of what could happen at work – and give options on how to solve your problems! What is the difference between asking Mark and Mike opposed to your friends? These guys have coached managers from Apple and FedEx. Learn more about them here from the Wall Street Journal.
- The Hidden Brain: What do you get when you add science plus amazing story telling? Yep. The Hidden Brain! This podcast opens up my mind and understand how things work together. Interesting stories that inspire!
- Modern Love: Single? Dating? Married? Somewhere in between? Modern Love is well put together podcast, sharing stories about about all things regarding love.